
Many of us owned this exact t-shirt back in 1977. The design still holds up. Interesting how they combine the use of the black sky and Vader head with hints of the blue galaxy. The simple use of contrasting angles and plains with the Rebel Ships and Tie Fighters against the low angle Vader and logo...

Great quality painting. I remember having this as a kid. It is painted in a style seen a lot at the time for 70's movie posters. I like the unfinished 'painterly' look of the background character.
The animation of the hind legs 'Tauntaun' caught my eye in the book "The Star Wars Vault" by Peter Vilmur and Stephen J. Sansweet. Here they went through the trouble of drawing a 'ten drawing cycle'. I remember seeing this stop-motion for the first time and getting a certain feeling of how it was rendered. I still enjoy this style over Computer Generated 3D rendering.
Go here to see the steps they went through to just make the armature model. The pictures gives a clearer idea of the form minus fur and snow. Animator Phil Tippet was the original animator but the character Artist Scott Peery shows his first scratch stop motion puppet, not sure it's original but it sure looks great!
This Star Wars game was rendered in much the same way as the 1980's "Game Battle Zone".
Here is the video game



