Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TOON BOOM (Day 4)

12:08 The program has been crashing I may need to re-install app...



Also "copy" and "paste" in the Timeline Window is much better than trying to drag the frame down to where you want it. The program crashed a few times after it went into rainbow swirls.




When you first want to import a drawing or image

1) First click the exact point on the "Timeline" where you want it placed.
2) Then press "import file" from under "file" menu.


I've opened the program Toon Boom 12-15 times and tried to get something going, or learn something. During this time I learned how the exposure sheet works in conjunction with the timeline. But as I would always scroll with the timeline or press play I would NEVER see the the animation moving. The screen was blank and one frame that was selected would blink for an 1/8 of a second.


Tonight I noticed four little tiny box on the upper right hand top of the screen. The top one looks like "shapes" was selected. Well I clicked on the one underneath it and then scrolled and saw some animation move, it was strobing but I was FINALLY seeing my animation moving!

Looking even closer I noticed it was a a icon of a "movie-camera".
I was really about to go take a class at ART CENTER because I could not figure this out until tonight!! Hurray!!

Now I should be able to plug in each drawing correctly on the timeline/exposure sheet. You can not change anything in the timeline window. You change everything in the Exposure sheet in order to get the animation working.

Here is a movie I made in preview to just approximating the timing. It's a "real time" video flipping the images in "Preview" to get an idea of the timing and sound. (22 mb).